Our Christmas Family Hamper campaign 2017 delivered out 257 hampers and gifts to children and family services across West Yorkshire. Using fundraising and donations of food and lots of time we were able to complete the project and have all hampers delivered out to families in time for Christmas.
The hampers, which are packed with 3 days worth of food and treats, were gifted to families with young children who are accessing Children's Centre services in Calderdale, Bradford and Kirklees, as well as women's refuges in Bradford, DASH project in Huddersfield and the WYCCP charity based at HMP Leeds.
Hampers were packed with breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks and desserts for all the family to enjoy. Each hamper was accompanied by a family gift and a yummy selection box.
We have LOTS of thank you's to dish out for making this possible:
- McDonald's Brighouse for their support in our cardboard box collection.
- Concept Merchandise in Brighouse and Hallmark Bradford who together donated over 500m of wrapping paper to cover our boxes and wrap the family gift.
- Wonder Full Early Years training hub who hosted our Hamper HQ where we filled, wrapped and packed all our hampers and stored during distribution.
- Bradford District Care Trust and Children's Place Day Nurseries for hosting our food donation stations throughout November.
- The Bradford Cinderella Club for donating 200 selection boxes.
- Our wonderful team of volunteers to help us wrap all our gifts and boxes and make up hampers! Volunteer's all came to us through Doit.org where we post all our volunteer opportunities.
- Bearder's Charity Brighouse for their funding for our work in the Calderdale area.
We will endeavour to continue to support our children and families next year and would love to hear from you! We need to raise £3000 throughout the year to be SURE we can meet the needs of families in our community. Could you help?
If you want to get involved in our 2018 Christmas Family Hamper Campaign please get in touch via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01274 601575.
You can still make donations to the 2017 campaign at our Local Giving page here.