2016 - our most successful Christmas Family Hamper campaign EVER!
Our annual Christmas Family Hamper campaign has been more successful that ever before. Thanks to generous donations of food, money and time we were able to put together and distribute 159 Christmas Family Hampers to families across West Yorkshire who may be struggling at this time of year.
The hampers, which were packed with 3 days worth of food and treats, were gifted to families with young children who are accessing Children's Centre services in Calderdale, Bradford and Kirklees, as well as women's refuges in Bradford and the WYCCP charity based at HMP Leeds.
Hampers were packed with breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks and desserts for all the family to enjoy. Each hamper was accompanied by a family gift and a yummy selection box.
We have LOTS of thank you's to dish out for making this possible:
- McDonald's Brighouse for their support in our cardboard box collection.
- Concept Merchandise in Brighouse who donated 200m of wrapping paper to cover our boxes and wrap the family gift.
- Bradford Trident who hosted our Hamper HQ where we filled, wrapped and packed all our hampers and stored during distribution.
- Bradford District Care Trust, Children's Place Day Nurseries, Bradford Trident and John Smith's Stadium Huddersfield for hosting our food donation stations throughout November.
- The Bradford Cinderella Club for donating over 150 selection boxes.
- Leeds Building Society for sending a team of volunteers to help us wrap all our gifts and boxes in just one day (and even make up hampers!).
- St Joseph's Catholic Primary School in Bradford for sending children and staff to pack and wrap hampers with us of an afternoon.
- BBC Radio Leeds for sending Charles the Elf to help us on a cold wet Thursday morning.
- Bearder's Charity Brighouse for their funding for our work in the Calderdale area.
- We had wonderful volunteers who came to help throughout the week too!
Check out our Christmas Family Hamper's Gallery to see pictures of our great week.
If you want to get involved in our 2017 Christmas Family Hamper Campaign please get in touch via email to email@example.com.
You can still make donations to the 2016 campaign at our Local Giving page here.